Microsoft Flight Simulator Top Issues Tracker
Last Updated: September 17, 2020
For a complete list of known issues and frequently asked questions, visit our FAQ. As always, if there are continued issues or problems, reach out to our support team on Zendesk and we can help with your issue.
The latest Patch Version 184.108.40.206 Is Now Available! Click here for details and patch notes.
Please continue to monitor our social channels and internal forums for all the latest updates.
Ensure the following when installing Microsoft Flight Simulator:
- You need 130gb free space on installation drive – if you do not have enough space, this is likely one of the reasons you are seeing installation stalling.
- Please make sure that installer is located in the same location as where the game is being installed.
See below for issue status and more workarounds as we work towards fixing these issues. Thank you for your patience!
Top Known Issues
Currently, if you start the A320 Neo cold and dark, the engine unexpectedly shuts down after starting up aircraft following checklist
We are looking into this issue and hope to have a fix in the next patch. The workaround: Leave the APU on; or, load in on the runway.
All peripheral controls show a blank Sensitivity menu. We have fixed this issue and will release it in the next patch.
As a work around until then, feel free to edit the files manually if needed:
We are aware that many users are experiencing slow download times. We recommend following directions outlined here to help increase speeds.
Currently, the achievement “In The Wild” is not obtainable. There is no known workaround but is being fixed on our end and will be released in an upcoming build.
Now that Microsoft Flight Simulator is officially released in your region, this error message should disappear. If the problem persists, please check your time and date settings as well as deactivate Windows Defender and/or any firewalls. More details can be found here.
Please note, if you have the physical version, please make sure the correct disc is inserted.
We are currently looking into this issue. In the meantime, if your sim stops loading and the blue bar gets stuck, please try the following workarounds:
- Exit out of Microsoft Flight Simulator (Alt+F4) and relaunch the title one or two times
- Try running the sim as an Administrator
Here is another workaround:
- Check your Roaming directory (e.g. C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator. If you see UserCfg.opt, open it and verify that InstalledPackagesPath is set to a path you wish to install your game. (e.g. “D:\Game\Microsoft Flight Simulator”)
- Delete everything else in C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Start the game again. It should prompt you to select a storage location. If your UserCfg.opt has the InstalledPackagePath set, then the file path of the directory you specified should appear in the text box.
- Press Update. It should transition to a screen where you can actually see what files are being downloaded from the server.
This is an error where the launcher will produce an error code when trying to begin installation. We are working with the Windows Store team to resolve this issue.
Workaround: Try installing the Xbox App to launch the sim instead.
- In the Windows Search Bar, type in Microsoft Store and click to open the Microsoft Store App
- Search ‘Xbox’ in the search bar of the store and click on the Xbox (Beta) App.
- Install this app, sign in, and try to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator.