Thank you to everyone who has helped provide feedback in previous builds! We are excited to announce our next flighting opportunity – PerformancePLUS. This build has significant performance updates and more, and we seek users who are willing to provide feedback from a diverse range of setups, peripherals, and experience.
We would like simmers who are very experienced with our sim to help us identify regressions from our work on the update based on the most recent live build (World Update 5) and target areas of the sim in performance, stability, compatibility with hardware and devices, and aircraft.
Sign up will be through Xbox Insider Hub and requires a Microsoft Store version of the sim. Like all previous flights, it is under NDA, and all feedback and communication will be via a private forum category.
Who will be invited?
Registration will open on a first come, first served basis through Xbox Insider Hub on Wednesday, June 30th at 8 am PDT (3 pm UTC).
In addition, we will be including subject matter experts, past active participants, 3rd parties, and more from our internal list of users. We sent out forms earlier for aircraft experts as well as peripheral testers – if you have been picked out of that group, you will be automatically added to the Xbox Insider Hub and forum group before the flight begins.
How to Participate
When registration opens, only 500 spots will be available.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Because of a change we are making to how save files work, if you choose to participate and download the new build, you will not be able to revert back to the previous version as your save data will no longer be supported on that version. Please keep this in mind if you would like to participate.
- On your Windows 10 device, launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
- Navigate to Previews > Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- Select Join.
- Joining will direct you to the Store to install Microsoft Flight Simulator
- If you do not sign up in time before the slots are filled, you will receive a notification letting you know that the test is full and there are no more available spots for this test.
- If you DO NOT receive the above message then you are in the test! An update for Microsoft Flight Simulator will become available for you soon (date TBD, will keep you updated) and can be downloaded through the Store app. This update must be installed to access the test.
- If you have been selected, you will soon have access to a new area of the forum to provide feedback. Anyone on our internal list will be added within the next few days, so please be patient to find out if you are in the PerformancePLUS flight.
- Be sure to review the NDA here.
- Will this replace my current version or be a separate instance of MSFS?
- This will be an update to your current version.
- Will I be able to revert back to the retail version if I would like to opt out?
- We suggest you do not revert back to the retail version, as we have made a big change on how save files work. You would lose your previous save data if you choose to do this.
- Is this under NDA?
- Yes this is under NDA. Please review the NDA here: https://www.flightsimulator.com/guidelines-nda/
- Can I participate if I play the sim on Steam?
- Unfortunately, this particular flighting test is only available for Microsoft Store users at this time.
Guidelines and NDA
You may be invited, at Microsoft’s discretion to download early versions of the Game and participate in test phases. Access to the early versions of the Game, test phases and the associated services will occur at Microsoft’s discretion and the times will be published on the MicrosoftStudios.com website. These testing phases include experimental and early pre-release software. This means that you may experience occasional crashes and data loss. Some Xbox Live features may not work correctly. Since some builds are pre-release code, we cannot provide customer service in the traditional sense. However, data and Feedback as you play and enjoy the Game will help us improve and enhance the final product.
Thank you for choosing to participate in the Microsoft Flight Simulator video game (“Game”) Insider Program (“Program”)! By registering for the Program, you’re telling us you’re eligible and willing to access and participate in previewing aspects of the Microsoft Flight Simulator video game, including early testing of the Game, and associated promotional and communication materials (collectively, the “Materials”) before they are rolled out to the general public, and providing feedback via web surveys, forums and other electronic means.
The Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement apply to your participation in this Program. You will need to login with your Gamertag.
The Program is open worldwide to individual persons who are 18 years and older at the time of enrollment and have a Microsoft account (“MSA”). Void where prohibited by law.
You acknowledge that everything related to this Program is confidential and should be treated as confidential until such time as Microsoft releases it. If you have a non-disclosure agreement (“NDA”) with Microsoft, then the terms of that NDA govern your confidentiality obligations with respect to this confidential information.
Please keep in mind that features you see in this Program may change or be removed in the final version and those features should always remain confidential.
- Do not take photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game.
- Do not post photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game on any venue.
- Do not describe any part of the Game on any venue unless we’ve instructed you to.
- Do not allow others to watch you play the Game.
- Do not leave the Game running unattended.
No compensation will be paid with respect to Microsoft’s use of your Feedback.
You may unenroll from the program by unsubscribing at https://www.flightsimulator.com/profile
For any questions or concerns about this program, please contact us at email@example.com.
Microsoft reserves the right to terminate your access to all or part of the Program at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
**Main screenshot by canuck695**