Simmers will experience the gorgeous expanse of the Nordic countries and Greenland in stunningly vibrant detail!
The Microsoft Flight Simulator team is excited to feature this storied part of the globe with sweeping improvements in this latest release. World Update XV covers Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and also includes the Faroe Islands and Greenland (both self-governing countries within the Kingdom of Denmark). Developed in conjunction with Microsoft partners Bing Maps, Vexcel, Maxar, Gaya Simulations, Orbx, and Kjetil Garpestad, this update promises to thrill the Microsoft Flight Simulator audience with its range of enhancements:
- 90 hand-made points of interest.
- 10 TIN (triangulated irregular network) cities.
- 5 hand-crafted airports.
- Broad-based, high-resolution geographic updates using significantly enhanced DEMs (digital elevation models) in Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.
- Fresh aerial imagery and satellite data across the entire region.
Some of the Points of Interest (POIs) include Denmark’s Farø Bridges, Gråsten Palace, and Ribe Cathedral; Finland’s Bengtskär Lighthouse, Kökar church, and Tähtiniemi Bridge; Greenland’s Arctic Station, EastGRIP, and Summit Station; Iceland’s Knarrarós Lighthouse, Laugardalsvöllur Stadium, and Ólafsvíkurkirkja Church; Norway’s Andenes Lighthouse, Gjemnessund Bridge, and Svalbard Global Seed Vault; and Sweden’s Älvsborg Bridge, Arctic Space Centre, and Aurora Sky Station.
The TIN cities in World Update XV include five in Denmark: Aarhus, Copenhagen, Frederikssund, Odense, and Roskilde; four in Sweden: Gothenburg, Linkoping, Malmö, and Visby; and Norway’s Oslo. In addition, Gaya simulations created a splendid array of airports: Iceland’s Akureyri Airport (BIAR), Norway’s Mo i Rana Airport (ENRA), Sweden’s Kiruna Airport (ESNQ), and Finland’s Ivalo Airport (EFIV). Kjetil Garpestad created a stunningly realistic rendition of Leknes Airport (ENLK).
World Update XV: Nordics & Greenland also brings simmers ten exciting activities that will inspire and challenge, including:
- Four discovery flights: Bergen (Norway), Gothenburg (Sweden), the Faroe Islands (Denmark), and Reykjavík (Iceland).
- Three landing challenges: Akureyri Airport (BIAR), a famous challenge in northern Iceland; Ekeby Airport (ESSC), an epic sailplane challenge in Sweden; and a bold challenge at Norway’s Mo i Rana Airport (ENRA).
- Three bush trips: the Baltic Coast of Denmark and Sweden which traverses some of Europe’s most exquisite coastal landscapes; the adventurous Greenland Exploration; and Spitsbergen, which begins with an exploration of Norway’s Spitsbergen, then crosses open water to visit northern mainland Norway.
World Update XV: Nordics & Greenland is available FREE to all owners of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Ensure that your simulator is updated to version 18.104.22.168 and download World Update XV. The sky is calling!
Microsoft Flight Simulator is available for Xbox Series X|S and PC with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Windows, and Steam, and on Xbox One and supported mobile phones, tablets, and lower-spec PCs via Xbox Cloud Gaming. For the latest information on Microsoft Flight Simulator, stay tuned to @MSFSOfficial on Twitter.