As part of this test your participation will help our team gather valuable information prior to launching the next world update to the general public. More information on the specifics of the testing goals will be shared with those chosen to participate. Please keep in mind that while we are using public testing to help with this specific update, we may not do this for all updates.
If you are interested in participating in this test you will want to sign up as soon as possible as space will be ~limited to the first 300 users~ who sign up via the instructions below. We value the community input we receive and are exited to have you participate in this test with us.
Guidelines & NDA
You may be invited, at Microsoft’s discretion to download early versions of the Game and participate in test phases. Access to the early versions of the Game, test phases and the associated services will occur at Microsoft’s discretion and the times will be published on the MicrosoftStudios.com website. These testing phases include experimental and early pre-release software. This means that you may experience occasional crashes and data loss. Some Xbox Live features may not work correctly. Since some builds are pre-release code, we cannot provide customer service in the traditional sense. However, data and Feedback as you play and enjoy the Game will help us improve and enhance the final product.
Thank you for choosing to participate in the Microsoft Flight Simulator video game (“Game”) Insider Program (“Program”)! By registering for the Program, you’re telling us you’re eligible and willing to access and participate in previewing aspects of the Microsoft Flight Simulator video game, including early testing of the Game, and associated promotional and communication materials (collectively, the “Materials”) before they are rolled out to the general public, and providing feedback via web surveys, forums and other electronic means.
The Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement apply to your participation in this Program. You will need to login with your Gamertag.
The Program is open worldwide to individual persons who are 18 years and older at the time of enrollment and have a Microsoft account (“MSA”). Void where prohibited by law.
You acknowledge that everything related to this Program is confidential and should be treated as confidential until such time as Microsoft releases it. If you have a non-disclosure agreement (“NDA”) with Microsoft, then the terms of that NDA govern your confidentiality obligations with respect to this confidential information.
Please keep in mind that features you see in this Program may change or be removed in the final version and those features should always remain confidential.
- Do not take photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game.
- Do not post photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game on any venue.
- Do not describe any part of the Game on any venue unless we’ve instructed you to.
- Do not allow others to watch you play the Game.
- Do not leave the Game running unattended.
No compensation will be paid with respect to Microsoft’s use of your Feedback.
You may unenroll from the program by unsubscribing at https://www.flightsimulator.com/profile
For any questions or concerns about this program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft reserves the right to terminate your access to all or part of the Program at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
How To Participate
- On your Windows 10 device, launch the Xbox Insider Hub.
- Navigate to Previews > Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- Select Join.
- Joining will direct you to the Store to install Microsoft Flight Simulator
- If you are NOT one of the first 300 users to sign up you will receive a notification letting you know that the test is full and there are no more available spots for this test
- If you DO NOT receive the above message then you are in the test! An update for Microsoft Flight Simulator will become available for you on April 7th and can be downloaded through the Store app. This update must be installed to access the test.
- Starting April 7th if you have been selected you will now have access to a new area of the forum to provide feedback.
- Be sure to review the NDA here.
- Will this replace my current version or be a separate instance of MSFS?
- This will be an update to your current version.
- Will I be able to revert back to the retail version if I would like to opt out?
- You would need to uninstall and reinstall the sim if you wish to revert back to the retail version, as well as opt out via your user profile on our website.
- Will there be guided parameters to help provide feedback?
- This test will primarily focus on performance and stability. We will have a template created in the forums for users to post some specific things that can help us narrow down any issues sent. The sub-category will be available to the 300 participants soon on our forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/
- Is this under NDA?
- Yes this is under NDA. Please review the NDA here: https://www.flightsimulator.com/guidelines-nda/